What Does Employee Performance Mean?
Employee performance is defined as how well a person executes their job duties and responsibilities. Many companies assess their employees’ performance on an annual or quarterly basis to define certain areas that need improvement and to encourage further success in areas that are meeting or exceeding expectations.
Performance is a critical factor in organizational success, helping to also improve overall productivity, profitability, and employee morale. By assessing employee performance regularly, companies can identify areas that need improvement, provide support and training to employees, and ensure that everyone is working towards the same goals.
Assessment of employee performance can vary across industries, roles, and businesses, but a few general Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) include:
- Sales revenue: How much revenue is the employee directly generating or indirectly influencing per quarter? This is particularly relevant for sales roles, where performance is often measured by the amount of revenue generated.
- Customer satisfaction: What’s the level of customer satisfaction with the service or product provided by the employee? This can be measured through surveys or other feedback mechanisms.
- Quality of work: How is the employee’s work quality compared to other employees? This includes measuring accuracy, attention to detail, and adherence to quality standards.
- Attendance and punctuality: What’s the employee’s attendance and punctuality record? Obviously, an employee can’t be a good performer if they’re missing work or are regularly late.
- Efficiency and productivity: How efficient and productive is the employee? This measures how well an employee completes tasks, plus the volume of work produced within a given time frame.
- Time management: How well does the employee manage their time? Time management skills and an employee’s ability to efficiently prioritize tasks are vital to success – both for the employee and the organization.
- Teamwork and collaboration: How well does the employee work with others? This KPI evaluates an employee’s ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively, and contribute to team goals.
How Can a Learning Management System Improve Employee Performance?
A Learning Management System (LMS) can be a major influence in boosting employee performance by helping lower your training costs and increase your training effectiveness, which enables people to perform better.
Litmos is the easiest-to-use online training platform that your employees will gravitate to and actually ENJOY doing their training on! You will be able to assign specific training to the individuals who need it most, track when it has been completed, and have automated reporting to show you how well the course information was retained.
Include videos, presentation or SCORM files to distribute the training, and assessments and surveys at the end of each course to guarantee your learners are getting what they need from the training.
Here are just a few ways the Litmos LMS can increase employee performance:
- Improved training effectiveness: Employees will enjoy an intuitive and user-friendly interface that allows learners to easily access and complete training courses. Litmos Training offers multimedia content, like videos and interactive quizzes, which are engaging and help employees retain information better. The Litmos LMS also offers gamification, which helps keep your employees engaged and motivated by awarding achievements, points, and badges based on their participation. Complete enough training courses and your employees can even make it onto the team’s or the company’s leaderboard – a great way to further inspire interest and adoption of training!
- Personalized learning paths: String together multiple courses to create personalized, engaging learning paths. The Litmos LMS allows managers to assign specific training courses to individual employees based on their needs and job requirements.
- Automated tracking and reporting: Litmos Training tracks employee training progress automatically and generates reports on completion rates, scores, and overall progress. Identify areas where employees may need additional support or training so they’re well-equipped to perform their job duties effectively.
- Mobile accessibility: Your employees can complete their training courses wherever is most convenient for them! The Litmos LMS is available on mobile as well as desktop, so they can pick up wherever they left off. This flexibility enables employees to fit training around their work schedules, reducing downtime, and ensuring that they can apply what they learn in the workplace immediately.
Let Litmos boost your employees’ performance today! Try out our 14-day free trial now.
What is a learning management system?